Racial Justice Champion Award
The Racial Justice Champion Award honors companies and individuals who are committed to advancing racial justice through diversity, equity, inclusion, antiracism, or racial justice work. These companies and individuals strive to create sustainable initiatives designed to impact the company/organization and the communities they serve to create equitable access to resources and opportunities for all. Racial justice champions serve as visionary, strategic, and impactful leaders.
- Demonstrates dedication and a continuing commitment to advocating for diversity, equity, inclusion, and racial justice in their workplace and beyond.
- Fosters positive communication and actively promotes inter-group relations.
- Supports the exploration and advancement of racial justice and provides resources, opportunities, and access to racial justice initiatives and resources.
- Actively works to address policies, practices, systems, and other activities that promote or maintain inequitable opportunities or resources for historically minoritized or marginalized individuals and populations.
- Serves as a racial justice voice and advocate to support and advance racial equity and justice.
- Values and respects diverse points of view and varied ways to approach issues and topics.
- Leads others by his/her actions while advocating for change.
- Seeks long-term sustainable activities that promote racial equity and racial justice.